‘Who has the most number of engagement rings?’
When I went around the office asking this question, I was surprised by the mixed reactions it brought. While some instantaneously delivered the answer, a number of them wouldn’t believe that it was an answerable question.
The answer may not surprise you, but it is Victoria Beckham who has the most number of engagement rings. While it makes sense that the sentimental attachment to the first engagement ring should trump her changing taste, she has up to 13 engagement rings throughout her marriage to David Beckham that are worn on rotation - a collection estimated at £3.8 million.
Whether Mrs. Beckham has a fetish for engagement rings or if she is going to start a new trend of rotating rings, we don’t really know. However, according to Steve Bennett, who valued the collection for the Daily Mail claims that some of her engagement rings may be loaned by friends in the jewellery business. Well, loaned or owned, it really doesn’t matter because her collection had us hooked from the get-go.
1. The growing collection began with a modest £65, 000 3 carat marquise-shaped diamond set on a yellow band; the one that David proposed with in 1998.
Image Source: forum.purseblog.com
2. The diamond was later reset onto a baguette diamond studded band.
3. Later in 2002, she chose a modest diamond encrusted band that was worth approximately £5,000.
Image Source: ElleUK
4. She again upgraded to a pear shaped diamond set in a classic platinum band in 2005. Estimated at between 15 to17 carats the diamond ring is worth £159,000 according to us, out of all the rings this one best suits her Posh Spice alter ego.
Image Source: Allurez.com
5. Seem to be having a growing penchant for design and diamonds, the fashion designer owns a fancy light pink oval diamond halo engagement ring.
Image Source: ElleUK
6. In 2006, her effervescent collection grew to feature a huge £250,000 yellow emerald-cut diamond, set on a yellow triple band.
7. Merely a year later, she added a rich emerald and diamond ring to her selection. A stunner, featuring an oval-shaped emerald with a diamond halo, the ring proves that she is unafraid of experimenting with her style.
Image Source: Ritani
8. Further experimenting with gemstones, later in 2008 she added a bulbous ruby ring. Again a halo engagement ring, the ring seamless meets the halo while it enhances the curves of the ruby.
9. While attending a Marc Jacobs show in 2009, she was spotted wearing a gorgeous radiant-cut diamond ring set on an encrusted band estimated at half a million pounds.
10. Expanding her jewellery box to include even more gemstone rings, the songstress added an exceptionally massive sapphire design. In a vibrant hue, the gem added a pop of colour that complimented every ensemble.
11. In 2014, during the Wimbledon Championships, she was spotted wearing yet another yellow diamond engagement ring. Rumoured to being a present to mark their 15th wedding anniversary, the ring features an emerald-cut diamond on a yellow gold band.
Image Source: DailyMail
12. Earlier this year, she was spotted wearing a brand new ring at the amfAR gala in Hong Kong.
13. Claimed to be the most expensive ring, Mrs. Beckham probably even owns a heart-shaped diamond ring estimated at more than £1 million.
All images, unless otherwise mentioned, have been sourced from WhoWhatWear.com
We're bringing you the hottest trends fresh off the runway, check our Jewellery Trend Report For Autumn/Winter 2015. Become a jewellery insider with Radiant Bay and be the first to know about the latest buzz in the jewellery world.
The Orna-mentals is a blog by Radiant Bay with a mission to bring you expert opinions, news, ideas and inspirations about fashion, jewellery and all its nuances. Register with us for all the BEST deals & NEW arrivals at Radiant Bay.